Tuesday, February 13, 2007

One of those days

Tonight was a good night to walk. My cravings for an ordinary Ramli burger is just another side reason. The night is eerily quiet when there are so many thoughts running inside your head. I took baby steps and obviously enjoying my lone moment. I feel safe with the well lid street lights and the constant patrol of our friendly neighbourhood guard. Not that I remembered paying for their service, but the presence is enough to feel secure.

Valentine's coming. It will be another one of those years again. Having said that, I don't remember spending a fortune on gifts, flowers or dinner. Seriously 14th of February is just overrated. The only day that restaurant gets to suck all the juices out of your wallet and the food will eventually taste so bad it's a disgrace to even pay for such service.

I'm not a Valentine kind of person and never will understand the hype surrounding it. Why wait for the only day of the year to show you appreciate that someone when you can do it every single day.

I'm having one of those days again where I have so many things to say but eventually it all evaporate away once I start putting it in words. I hate it.
Pain, that's what I'm feeling at the moment. maybe I like the pain. Maybe I'm wired that way. Because without it , I don't know maybe I just won't feel real.
So I went to the doctor. The doctor who stitched my wound, I like her. She gave me pain killers for the pain. She's also honest and charming in one way. Like any doctors, they wouldn't lie to their patient. She wouldn't too.
Lying. Something we practice ever so often. Not like we want to, but it just slips right through our lips sometimes.
So;
"No matter how hard we try to ignore or deny it, eventually the lies fall away, whether we like it or not. But here's the truth about the truth: It hurts. So we lie."

Pain hurts. Lie hurts ; Therefore Lie = Pain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't believe it takes one special day to remind someone you love them.

But everyone's a sucker for 'sentimentality'

tek said...

Don't listen to Meredith! She is a liar! :p

alvinrox said...

kensei: i believe the same thing. But who are we to decide =). I'm a sucker for sappy movies, does that make me sentimental?

tek: Eventhough she's a liar, she's a charming one. A charming liar.