Saturday, September 22, 2007

As Long As it Matters

How can I find something
That two can take.

Without stumbling as we walk into our future's wake?

I'm like a broken record that you can play,
repeating as if it matters.

Everything I want to say,
I'll be alright.

As long as it matters,
As long as you're here with me now.

Forget that time,
It's nothing we touch and see.

All is fine,
even as it crashes down on me.

I'm looking around,
There's nothing that I could want,

More than to tell you
There's no more than we've already got.

As long as it matters,
As long as you're here with me now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the small flutter of a wing, a butterfly can cause an effect so big, that it can be felt half way around the world. This is how you have made a difference in my life.