Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My kind of night

Another warm, windless night. Everyone seems to be away.
I was too bored at home , I went for a walk.
As usual, the neighbourhood was quiet as a soul.
The only noise I hear was my own footsteps.
My light took two minutes and 45 seconds to be exact.
Evaporated together with the time i intend to kill.
My shadow blends well with the trees,
It gave me the sense that I wasn't alone.
A lost man stopped to ask for directions.
I directed him hoping he'll reach safely.
Look to the skies, there wasn't any stars,
Only clouds that hid the moon so shy.
A frog lay still on an unfamiliar ground,
My leg was inches away from ending its life.
It never move, it never jump.
What a brave green frog, I said to myself.
I wish I had a dog to walk with me,
Just like the one I saw that day.
Call me mad, call me sad.
At least I had my mango with me.

No comments: