Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Setting sail, yet again.

Time and time again, I constantly remind myself that everyone around me ought to be happy.

From the stranger who thinks you're weird when you exchange friendly gesture, to the salesman that go table to table trying to convince patrons for a small amount of money or perhaps a friend who've just experience a bad day to a family member who just went through a rough patch.

Inevitably, some part of me want them to be happy even if it means sacrificing part of mine. Whether it's an act of a fool, or some might see it as a feat to gain pity ness and compassion.

How you see it is up to you. I can't control how you see me or how you judge me at all. I don't intend to play God either. I just want happiness to spread around me.
If there's a bill billed to me about the things I do that made another person sad, I'm definitely bound to recieve capital punishment for it.

Pleasing yourself is easy, a large pepperoni pizza and a few mugs of beer would do the trick. But pleasing those around you takes more than just a pizza and alcohol. It takes time, sincerity and in the end, it doesn't guarantee success either.

I'm trying to extend my sincere apology but no matter how I look at it, It's never enough.
Words are cheap and the word 'Sorry' is ever so often taken for granted. If i were to kneel down with tears rolling down my cheek, you wouldn't think it's sincere because the damage has already been done.
No matter how I twist and turn or look sideways to it, what's done is done. That's the obvious fact.

We don't need gifts or roses to say we're sorry; maybe just maybe sometimes a hug does help, but still, how long before it happen again, before we repeat ourselves in commiting the apology act over again?

The lesson here is not to repeat the same mistake because once is enough and twice is just making a fool out of myself. My mistake before was running away whenever something bad happen. Then i realize it's just a matter of time before the truth actually catches up with you.
I still have to face it.

Consequently, I stopped running. Because you taught me too.

And here I am, trying to be optimistic, trying not to be a complete fool, telling the truth on a page where everyone can read.
So the truth is, that i find it hard telling you in person. The truth that has been hiding inside of me itching to crawl out from my tonsils and coming out of as words.

I always hope that one day, when i've gathered enough courage to tell you, it would be different, not through some dreadful words on a monitor screen, but somewhat perfectly fit moment like what we see in sappy romantic movies.
Then again, I do not wish to be playing second fiddle, so I've decided to sail away for now.

Great things happened when I least expect it to, and I've not had any tiny thoughts of regret spending every moment with you, not even the slightest. Because for once in many years, I've never felt so belong before. You made it go away in just a breeze. Thank you.

I doubt I can find anyone like you anytime soon, but nevertheless, I'll never stop looking for someone as great as you.

So for now, I hope that we still remain who we are, and who knows,perhaps one day, things would just be slighly different.
You'll always have a place in my heart, my dear friend.

Always.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Make hay while the sun shines"
Do watever u think is right,sometimes life isnt about how to please other ppl or care how other ppl might look at it, coz we can never satisfy other ppl..the most important thing is how u look at it..
Things that are done cannot be undone. At least, when u look back ,no regret..
STay positive, luck will come to u soon..

Cheers,
ur sis

Anonymous said...

sounds like friend with benefits
no string attached
enjoy it.

your bro

Anonymous said...

If u ever need a hug, just hold out your hand and someone will be there. A friend, a sister, or maybe your old mcafee lunch partner. If you need someone to talk to but no credit, just miscall me.

Cheers,
ex-lunch partner @ mcafee

Anonymous said...

Go listen to 'make a memory' by bon jovi you slut.


Ganbarre~

The writer

Anonymous said...

you will soon find someone greater than the current person you are hanging out with. even if it's not now, i believe there are tons of greater girls in the market whom you can share your other half with, till the end.

sometimes, it's better not to start the fire at all when it will burn off merciless. why do we want to have sad endings when we can choose a greater ending without pains?

Anonymous said...

OUCH, but what the anonymous above said is very true.

the person is just plain greedy, wants you to continue as 2nd fiddle.

come on, ARE YOU A BENCH PLAYER?
stand up for youself if not find another TEAM to play for.

Anonymous said...

bro, do you think this person is greedy and wants you to continue as 2nd fiddle?

how well do you know this person?

Anonymous said...

all your bros are worried for you.

Oak said...

Leave the world changing to those that have the power to do so. For us that are fools in our own ways, just be who we can be, and leave the rest to fate.

Happy or not, it is not our call. Just remember not to sway to far to who you really are.

And I quote "When I try to become someone else, I began to lose myself." -Reuben, Ocean's Thirteen-

alvinrox said...

You either play or you don't play at all. nobody wants to warm the bench or a substitue but at the end of the day,it's how u look at the whole picture. then u get to decide, whether to be happy or just end the misery.

Thanks sis/bros and anonymous. Though i don;t know who you're entirely, but i know that you guys care for me. I'm very much blissful now compare to before. Thanks! luv ya all. =D